- We have been organizing the International Festival of Orthodox Church Music „Hajnówka” annually, every May since 1982.
- Mixed, male and female choirs (max. 35 singers in choir) both from Poland and from abroad are able to participate in the Festival in the following categories:
- amateur choirs:
- music academy choirs
- professional choirs
- The category and the authenticity of each amateur choir should be personally confirmed by its artistic manager.
- The repertoire should contain no less than five Orthodox Church music pieces, while the time to perform them should be about 18-20 minutes.
- Applications should be sent to the Organizer’s Office by 15 December 2017.
- The organizers will inform choirs whether they’ve qualified for the Festival by the end of Januar 2018.
- Choirs qualified and invited to participate in the Festival are requested to submit the following information by the end of February 2018.
- The performances of the choirs are estimated by the international jury presided by Prof. Romuald Twardowski based on the following criteria:
- All participating choirs will receive commemorative diplomas. The best choirs will be awarded prizes. The choirs appointed by the jury are obliged to take part in the Gala Concert (in the same composition as during the qualifying auditions).
- The Organizers provide lodging and sustenance (3 meals a day).
- Participants cover their travel expenses and are to partly finance their visit through a money transfer (20 EURO per person per day) onto the organizers’ bank account to be made by 15 February 2018.
- A written resignation from the participation in the Festival before 1 March 2018 will allow the return of the transferred funds.
- Aside from participation in the Festival, the Organizers anticipate the choirs to perform in accompanying concerts (also using different repertoires).
- The organizers reserve unlimited right for recording, duplication and distribution of recorded concerts through various means. The choirs and their conductors do not receive any compensation for participation in the concerts or for eventual radio or TV recordings made during the Festival.
- All decisions of the regulations are final.
- Festival applications and any additional information may be obtained from:
a) parish choirs
b) secular choirs
c) children’s choirs
We recommend varying up the repertoire in its historical cross-section, as well as using contrasting tempos, dynamics, and forms.
Any changes in the repertoire can be reported until 15 March 2018.
a) phonetic titles and performance times of each composition
b) full names of their composers
c) a single copy of notes for each of the compositions included in the program.
a) choice of repertoire
d) artistic impression
of International Festival of Orthodox Church Music „Hajnówka”
Tamary Sołoniewicz 2, 17- 200 Hajnówka, Poland
tel./ fax. 0048 85 682 20 89 or 0048 85 682 32 02
Director of the Festival